Wireless Network Engineer
Location: Boulder, CO, United States
Date Posted: Sep 5, 2023
RESULTS. INNOVATION. VALUES. ACCOUNTABILITY.
That’s RIVA. Our employee-first approach has manifested a culture that attracts the best and brightest. By investing in people firsts, and providing a flexible work environment, our employees have higher moral, higher productivity rates, and lower turnover. At RIVA, people are our #1 priority.
Title: Wireless Network Engineer
Location: Boulder, CO
Clearance: Qualified candidates must be US citizens and able to obtain a minimum of Public Trust Clearance
In this position the ideal candidate will be tasked with managing and supporting NOAA N-WAVE's IT infrastructure systems. This will include supporting: a heterogeneous mix of Linux, Windows, and MacOS systems, network and server infrastructure, as well as remote connectivity to NOAA and N-WAVE services. Expectations include strong network engineering skills, maintaining computer networks such as mainframes, VPNs, routers and other physical hardware.
- Devise, plan, deploy, and improve wireless networks from the beginning to implementation by collaborating with vendors, managers, and network engineers.
- Support all aspects of accrediting and certifying systems as tasked to DOC/NOAA security standards and guidelines along with guidance and assistance in the continuous monitoring of these systems
- Understand client requirements to be able to cater to their appropriate needs.
- Manage firewalls, such as Palo Alto, Juniper or Cisco ASA.
- Use tools to evaluate to test and tweak wireless products, such as routers, switches, hubs, bridges, virtual private networks (VPNs), and network amplifiers, among others.
- Design and validate the performance, quality, and reliability of the RF link.
- Design and implement WLANs and other wireless networks.
- Have knowledge of routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP).
- Make use of enterprise monitoring tools (SolarWinds and Splunk).
- Make sure that all equipment, including servers and the other network products, are well-connected.
- Work with security team to evaluate threats, troubleshoot issues, and comply with appropriate security configuration standards of their organizations.
- Design and deploy changes to the configurations of clients as per the applicable change management process.
- Provide support and input for configuration management processes
- Provide technical analysis of highly specialized applications and operational environment, high-level functional systems analysis, design, integration, documentation, and implementation advice on complex problems concerning NWAVE’s mission.
- Perform engineering studies and market/cost analysis to identify and propose technology solutions
- Minimum Education: BS/BA degree (Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent)
- Minimum Experience: 6 years’ experience in related field
- Prior federal experience working at NOAA
- Must have in-depth knowledge of and skill in administering current CISCO Infrastructure components and associated network devices
- Experience dealing with Cisco VPN management, RSA or Entrust background, and Aruba or Cisco wireless networks
- Solid understanding of and skill in applying TCP/IP and associated networking protocols such as SNMP, HTTP, HTTPS, etc.
- Experience managing and maintaining core routing and switching infrastructure protocols (MPLS, BGP, Private Virtual Routing and Forwarding, Optical Transport (DC Metro), Trusted Internet Connections, Cloud Transport, Layer 2 and 3 Metro Area and Wide Area Networking)
- Solid understanding of and skill in applying storage management, virtual machine and container management (Hyper-VMware, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience with RedHat, AWS, Azure, and GCP cloud administration
- Red Hat package management for science research
- macOS package management for science research (Mac Ports)
- Experience with IT architecture and design (on-prem and cloud)
CCNA or CCNP
AWS Certified Advance Networking
Salary Range: $130k Annually
RIVA Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any protect class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email [email protected]. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.