RESULTS. INNOVATION. VALUES. ACCOUNTABILITY.
That’s RIVA. Our employee-first approach has manifested a culture that attracts the best and brightest. By investing in people firsts, and providing a flexible work environment, our employees have higher moral, higher productivity rates, and lower turnover. At RIVA, people are our #1 priority.
RIVA Solutions is seeking a Sr. Content Strategist to join our team. In this role, you will lead content analysis, strategy, and delivery for large, enterprise-wide websites for a Federal government civilian agency. You will work on a collaborative digital communications team, comprised of UX designers, UI designers, content analysts, and CMS technologists and developers.
Candidates must have significant experience leading and executing content strategy efforts for large, content-rich websites, with thousands of pages of content. Experience modernizing and transforming website content via analysis, clean-up, and migration is required. As a Sr. Content Strategist you will:
- Understand and apply Human Centered Design (HCD) methodologies to conduct content research with stakeholder and end users and develop content strategies that meet their needs
- Lead research with content owners and other stakeholders to document their vision for their web content areas, as well as analyze existing content management processes
- Develop a content strategy and plan to execute their vision in the CMS environment
- Develop and enhance website content taxonomies, information architectures, navigation strategies, and metadata strategies
- Conduct content analysis, inventories, SEO audits, keyword research, analytics assessments, top task analyses, user surveys, card sorts, navigation model testing, and other research to provide a baseline for content strategies.
- Conduct content modeling sessions and document content types
- Conduct complete content analysis, clean-up, migration, and quality assurance as part of the content migration lifecycle
- Make recommendation for improvements to existing information architectures and content workflows
- Create content governance and content creation strategies, plans, templates, and guides
- Guide and promote the usage of plain-language best practices
- Create compelling page content as needed, based on project needs
- Support CMS training materials for content owners and contributors and conduct training sessions as needed
- 8–10 years of experience developing content strategies for large, content-rich websites
- Fluency with content analysis tools (primarily Screaming Frog)
- Full understanding of U.S. Web Design Standards, 21st Century IDEA (Act), and accessibility requirements
- Extensive experience developing enterprise-wide content strategies with Drupal as the CMS
- Agile and/or Lean knowledge and experience
- Portfolio of content strategy artifacts/samples
- Ability to meet ambitious deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills and extensive experience interacting with executive-level customers and end users
- Experience working as part of a Scrum (or other agile methodology) design and development team
- Ability to pass a background investigation and clear a Public Trust at minimum per contract requirements
Education and Certifications:
- BA/BS in English or other relevant field
RIVA Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any protect class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email [email protected]. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.