RESULTS. INNOVATION. VALUES. ACCOUNTABILITY.
That’s RIVA. Our employee-first approach has manifested a culture that attracts the best and brightest. By investing in people firsts, and providing a flexible work environment, our employees have higher moral, higher productivity rates, and lower turnover. At RIVA, people are our #1 priority.
RIVA is seeking a Computer Systems Engineer to provide Zscaler and Network Wireless support in an enterprise-level environment, supporting the Information Technology Services Desk and Engineering Support program for a Contract at U. S. Department of Health and Human Services.
This contract provides maintenance and operational IT support that includes engineering services for the systems, equipment, hardware, and software. This engineer will design and develop solutions to complex application problems, system administration issues or Zscaler concerns, and performance systems management and integration functions. Part of our support team works onsite in Washington, DC at a government facility and candidates do need to be within local commuting distance (within 50 mile radius) to DC. Primarily, our engineers split time between telework with occasional need to work onsite in DC, or to the data center in Ashburn, VA.
The Computer Systems Engineers manage, implement, and maintain the Zscaler solution to meet business requirements. Develop relationships across the business to understand requirements, apply technical knowledge to solve business problems and work closely with other teams to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Responsible for building, testing, and implementing network security systems within an organization’s IT network (On Prem & Cloud).
- Expected to have a thorough understanding of complex IT systems and stay up to date with the latest security standards, systems, and authentication protocols, as well as best practice security products.
- Plan, design, deploy, configure, integrate, and manage Zscaler (Zscaler Internet Access (ZIA), Zscaler Private Access (ZPA), Zscaler Digital Experience (ZDX) ) solutions.
- Deployment of Zero Trust Architecture, Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA), Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) and Micro Segmentation.
- Advanced understanding of HTTP and TCP/IP Protocol.
- Identify requirements, design, document, and implement technical solutions for scalable and resilient network architecture.
- Experience in building networks by taking into consideration various factors like, bandwidth requirements, infrastructure requirements and security.
- Individual should possess experience in planning, design, deployment, configuration, integration, and working knowledge of web-based security and network infrastructure such as Firewall, IPS, SSL/IPsec VPNs, DLP, Secure Web Gateway.
- Responsible for creating ZIA polices like URL filtering, Malware, AV, file control for user traffic, dashboards, generate custom reports.
- Should be well-versed with network documentation that includes network drawings, text descriptions and equipment configurations, designing HLDs and LLDs.
- Working knowledge of common attacks & vulnerabilities and possess strong understanding of common categories and characteristics of malware.
- Work closely with enterprise architects, other functional-area architects, engineering, and security specialists to ensure adequate security solutions and controls are in place throughout all IT and cloud systems and platforms to mitigate identified risks sufficiently, and to meet business objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Industry related certification (e.g. CISSP, CISA, CISM or any related vendor specific certifications e.g. ZCCA – IA, ZCCP – IA, ZCCA – PA, ZCCP - PA) Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
Other desired qualifications include:
- Deep technical understanding of Infrastructure security components architecture.
- Understanding of Azure/Azure Gov (Gateways, Firewalls, Network Security Groups, vWAN, vNets, etc.) architecture and components with specialized awareness of network services.
- Deep knowledge of services and service delivery approach and methodology for Infrastructure security including governance and operating models.
- Proven track record in building and maintaining trusted relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-starter and strategic thinker.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and executive presence that enable effective engagement with senior stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and communicate the technical and security related issues to client/business stakeholders effectively and professionally.
- Ability to provide technical leadership to Junior Engineers on tasks and projects, and communicate abstract concepts to gain support from stakeholders.
Nice to have Qualifications:
Additional desired wireless qualifications include:
- Strong knowledge of Wi-Fi protocols including all standards of 802:11a/b/g/N/A.c and supporting protocols including DNS, DHCP, RADIUS, TCP/IP, UDP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, VPN, ACL’s, LDAP etc.
- Ability to perform Wifi Surveys.
- Demonstrated ability to apply the concepts and commands required to install, configure and troubleshoot IT equipment in a multi-protocol wireless network with centralized and cloud-based control.
- Maintains familiarity with wireless security and ensure wireless network security is deployed.
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role. Bachelor’s degree required
- US Citizenship or have been a permanent resident for more than 3 years.
- Must be able to achieve a Secret clearance/position of trust.
RIVA Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any protect class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email [email protected]. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.