Location: Tyson's Corner, VA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 18, 2023
McLean, VA • Proposals
Title: Proposal Manager, Senior
Location: McLean, VA
RESULTS. INNOVATION. VALUES. ACCOUNTABILITY.
That’s RIVA. Our employee-first approach has manifested a culture that attracts the best and brightest. By investing in people firsts, and providing a flexible work environment, our employees have higher moral, higher productivity rates, and lower turnover. At RIVA, people are our #1 priority.
As a Proposal Manager at RIVA Solutions, you’ll run our large, strategic, and technically complex deals ranging from $30M to $150M to support our clients in the Federal Civilian sector. You will oversee bids for multiple and diverse opportunities ranging from IT Services and DevSecOps to Cyber and Technology Transformation.
If this type of fast-paced working environment gets you up in the morning, this job is for you. Join us and be part of the next generation of proposal managers as we blaze a trail forward!
- Manage all aspects of proposal development (proposal writing, editing, illustration, production efforts, etc.) from assignment and receipt of RFP, through delivery and receipt by the customer
- Analyze solicitations (RFP, RFQ, RFI, etc.) in conjunction with other customer requirements and communications; and determine final document structure
- Prepare detailed proposal plans, schedule outline and compliance matrix for assigned pursuits. (Strong organizational management skills and attention to detail are essential attributes)
- Must be able to do general editing of written material, writing new material or working with reuse material, proofreading, and performing quality check of proposals under tight deadline constraints
- Coordinate and lead major project meeting events, such as Kick-off Meetings, Strategy Meetings, Black Hat, Pink, Red, and Gold Color Team reviews, or other proposal process milestones and reviews
- Lead effective storyboarding, writers’ workshops, and development of strategic win themes and discriminators for each assigned proposal
- Meet established deliverables and production deadlines (working with Proposal Coordinator, if assigned)
- Provide detailed guidance to proposal writers/contributors and subcontractors
- Assign and manage writing assignments and receipt of all proposal materials with authors and teaming partners in accordance with the project schedule
- Support and ensure proposal center processes are followed, standard style guide is used, and documents are managed and submitted in accordance with established RIVA guidelines
- Orchestrate the collection and editing of proposal materials to ensure compliance
- Ensure proposals are compliant with all section L and M, SOW/SOO or any other instructions/evaluations
- Communicate proposal-related requirements and status with senior management
- Monitor and remaining current on all amendments and modifications to the solicitation
- Organized an easy to manage Digital Proposal War Room to make information easy to find and facilitate team proposal collaboration.
- A Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of relevant professional experience supporting or leading federal proposals and RFI responses
- 5+ years of success, winning high value proposal efforts ($10M-$500M)
- 5 years of proposal team leadership
- 5+ years of GovCon experience in IT, DevSecOps, Security, or technical/scientific areas
- Have near expert knowledge of MS Office including SharePoint, Slack, Trello, Microsoft Teams, and other proposal management tools
- Experience leading proposals that have a Technology Challenge, Coding Challenge or Oral Presentation component.
- Have APMP or Shipley certifification
- Have management skills to direct and orchestrate large proposal team efforts
- Conceptualize and write and/or edit compelling proposal narrative and oral presentation slides from scratch
- Have a background in a technical or business field
- Function effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Work with little direction and handle multiple tasks
- Are flexible and can work a schedule which may include evenings and weekends, as required
RIVA Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any protect class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email [email protected]. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.