RESULTS. INNOVATION. VALUES. ACCOUNTABILITY.
That’s RIVA. Our employee-first approach has manifested a culture that attracts the best and brightest. By investing in people firsts, and providing a flexible work environment, our employees have higher moral, higher productivity rates, and lower turnover. At RIVA, people are our #1 priority.
Title: Network & Computer System Administrator
Location: Patuxent River, MD.
Clearance: Qualified candidates must be US citizens and able to obtain and maintain a minimum of a Secret Clearance
In this position the ideal candidate will be tasked with managing and supporting Patuxent Naval Base communication infrastructure systems. This will include supporting: AT&T 5ESS switch, (7) ORM’s and Cisco VoIP network, as well as Verizon VCE VoIP network. Expectations include strong network engineering skills, maintaining computer networks such as mainframes, VPNs, routers and other physical hardware. Also, support VoIP, voice subsystems and applications including unified messaging, instant messaging, presence, voice mail, email, fax, and video/ audio/web conferencing and provide capabilities for users to access messages with any device, anywhere and anytime.
- Devise, plan, deploy, and improve wired and wireless networks from the beginning to implementation by collaborating with vendors, managers, and network engineers.
- Support all aspects of Understand client requirements to be able to cater to their appropriate needs.
- Configure, maintain, troubleshoot, and test all parts of the Cisco VoIP system (Cisco Unified Call Manager and Unity Connection), from end user to the server
- Familiar with best practices as it relates to telephony, network configurations, network security, and server configurations for VoIP and 5ESS switch services.
- Use tools to evaluate to test and tweak products, such as routers, switches, hubs, bridges, virtual private networks (VPNs), and network amplifiers, among others.
- Validate the performance, quality, and reliability of the communication signal. Make sure that all equipment, including servers and other network products, are well-connected. Work with infrastructure team to evaluate performance, troubleshoot issues, and comply with appropriate configuration standards of the organization.
- Design and deploy changes to the configurations of clients as per the applicable change management process. Work with cabling and telecommunications vendors to open trouble tickets, manage new site installations, and site moves.
- Provide technical analysis of highly specialized applications and operational environment, high-level functional systems analysis, design, integration, documentation, and implementation advice on complex problems and concerns, as it relates to performance/mission objectives.
- Three plus years’ experience supporting VoIP technology and systems. Must be Security+ CE certified. Must hold a Microsoft or Cisco certification or be able to obtain a certification within six months.
- Ability to work off hours, nights, and weekends if required. Travel is limited but may be required in support contractual obligations.
- Minimum Experience: 6 years’ experience in related field
- Cisco Collaboration certification a plus. Experience with Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) administration and Cisco Unity Connection (CUC). Experience with Cisco UCS and Windows Server 2016/2019 desired.
- Have in-depth knowledge of and skill in administering current CISCO Infrastructure components and associated network devices Experience dealing with Cisco VPN management, Cisco VoIP wireless in-building networks.
- Solid understanding of and skill in applying TCP/IP and associated networking protocols such as SNMP, HTTP, HTTPS, etc.
- Experience with Putty and CLI. Knowledge of network routing/traffic with Cisco or Juniper preferred. Familiar with best practices as it relates to telephony, network configurations, network security, and server configurations.
- Familiar with best practices as it relates to telephony, network configurations, network security, and server configurations. Knowledge of STIGS desired. Familiar with DISA/DoD/AF regulations, instructions, and guidance. understanding of and skill in applying storage management,
- Must be highly motivated, a self-starter and customer oriented with ability to adapt quickly to a rapidly changing environment. Effective interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal.
CCNA or equivalent knowledge
AWS Certified Advance Networking
RIVA Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any protect class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email [email protected]. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.