Location: Tyson's Corner, VA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 11, 2023
Developer Experience (DX) Technical Lead
Clearance: Qualified candidates must be US citizens and able to obtain a minimum of a Public Trust clearance
RESULTS. INNOVATION. VALUES. ACCOUNTABILITY.
That’s RIVA. Our employee-first approach has manifested a culture that attracts the best and brightest. By investing in people firsts, and providing a flexible work environment, our employees have higher moral, higher productivity rates, and lower turnover. At RIVA, people are our #1 priority.
ADP is the platform that facilitates the CI/CD services by leveraging the latest CI/CD toolchains, containerization technologies, and utilizes USPTO approved internal and external cloud solutions. SCDAD seeks to continue to advance its ADP platform with the implementation of pipeline as code. This will empower agile development teams by providing them the freedom to take control of their application development activities throughout the DevSecOps pipeline, while adhering to the USPTO DevSecOps Policy. SCDAD’s goal is to make available a platform that ensures all Agile Teams deliver business value to their product owners and application users/customers.
The DX Lead will champion CI/CD evangelism at USPTO, propelling the adoption and optimization of cutting-edge technologies including defile.io, Odo, and GitLab Workspaces. Centered on enhancing the developer experience, this role demands a proactive approach to staying at the forefront of technological advancements, particularly within the AWS-hosted DevSecOps GitLab platform. Mastery in GitLab CI/CD, hands-on AWS experience, and a genuine passion for educating and collaborating with developer teams is essential. The candidate should hold a bachelor’s degree in a related field, possess 8+ years in software development with 3 years in a leadership or evangelism role, and showcase strong leadership, communication, and innovation aptitudes.
- Lead the DX team in the design, development, and implementation of the ADP platform.
- Collaborate with product owners, architects, and other stakeholders to define technical requirements and specifications.
- Ensure the team adheres to the USPTO DevSecOps Policy and other governance principles.
- Oversee the CI/CD pipeline, including automated testing, performance optimization, and zero-downtime deployment strategies.
- Implement and manage infrastructure as code (IaC) and configuration management using tools like Ansible and Terraform.
- Monitor application and infrastructure performance, implementing necessary optimizations.
- Conduct security assessments using tools like Tenable Nessus, Web inspect, and NCC Auditor.
- Mentor and guide team members in Agile/Scrum/Kanban methodologies.
- Ensure data analysis and reporting using tools like Splunk and Tableau.
- Collaborate on DevSecOps initiatives, ensuring security is integrated into the DevOps pipeline.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in software development, with at least 3 years in a technical leadership role.
- Certifications in relevant technologies and methodologies are a plus.
- Strong experience with CI/CD tools like GitLab CI/CD, Jenkins, and AWS.
- Proficiency in containerization technologies such as Docker/Podman, ECS, and Kubernetes.
- Hands-on experience with configuration management tools like Ansible and Terraform.
- Familiarity with code quality tools like SonarQube and Nexus RM/IQ.
- Experience with Agile project management tools like Rally.
- Experience with scripting languages like PowerShell.
- Familiarity with NoSQL/Object Databases and Relational Databases.
- Experience with performance testing tools and methodologies, including automated performance, load, stress, integration, and functional testing.
- Knowledge of security controls and best practices, including SAST, DAST, and IAST.
- Experience with monitoring tools like Splunk and Tableau.
- Familiarity with Okta / ICAM technologies and products.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
RIVA Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any protect class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email [email protected]. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.