This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Patuxent River, MD, United States
Date Posted: Nov 28, 2023
RESULTS. INNOVATION. VALUES. ACCOUNTABILITY.
That’s RIVA. Our employee-first approach has manifested a culture that attracts the best and brightest. By investing in people firsts, and providing a flexible work environment, our employees have higher moral, higher productivity rates, and lower turnover. At RIVA, people are our #1 priority.
Title: Accounting Clerk lll
Location: Patuxent River, MD
Clearance: Qualified candidates must be US citizens and able to obtain and maintain a minimum of a Secret Clearance
In this position the ideal candidate will be tasked with managing and supporting the Patuxent River Naval Base Communication Accounting and Billing efforts.
· Responsible for all accounts receivables. Maintains journals or subsidiary ledgers of an accounting system and balances and reconciles accounts. Reviews invoices and statements (verifying information, ensuring sufficient funds have been obligated, and if questionable, resolving with the submitting unit, determining accounts involved, coding transactions, and processing material through data processing for application in the accounting system.
· Resolves problems in recurring assignments in accordance with previous training and experience. Handles unusual or nonrecurring transactions based on suggestions/direction from Supervisor. Creates and executes billing spreadsheets to track delinquent account status. Disseminates electronic bills to all customers on a monthly basis.
· Provide audits of all Verizon wireless contract bills by fiscal years. Verify monthly billing in WAWF by service and equipment, equipment bill incentive credits, buy-back credits (trade-ins) and special bulk purchases by research groups.
· Responsible for integrity of all data from the NETPLUS (ASD) Accounting Database and works with NetPlus engineers, as subject matter expert to ensure continuity and flow of multiple billing types and billing cycles as required by the department of the Navy. Data analysis from NetPlus data, identifying programing errors and working to ensure corrections and program corrections.
· Build a matrix of item codes packages (device names with features), price code plans (OCONUS or OCONUS with $) and account plans (NMCI, NON-NMCI, Flank Speed or Air Watch) as administrator for NetPlus. As Administrator, responsible for maintaining security privileges for users to view, edit, write and delete.
· Add new Business Financial Managers (BFMs). Provide temporary access for BFMs who are on medical leave of absence or retired to another BFM until replacement or return of duty. Able to create specific adhoc reports that only one group is able to view or place permissions that allow multiple groups access.
· Provide training to BFMs using NetPlus for billing. Work with lead BFM’s to develop training guide for interns to explain billing process from BTO through Comptroller, CDASS and the NAVY ERP. Instruct users how to create adhoc reporting.
RIVA Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any protect class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email [email protected]. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.