RESULTS. INNOVATION. VALUES. ACCOUNTABILITY.
That’s RIVA. Our employee-first approach has manifested a culture that attracts the best and brightest. By investing in people firsts, and providing a flexible work environment, our employees have higher moral, higher productivity rates, and lower turnover. At RIVA, people are our #1 priority.
As RIVA Vice President of Business Development (BD) & Capture, you will lead BD & Capture resources and own responsibility for opportunity growth and pipeline management. You will work with RIVA’s Operational Teams, Solutions/Technical Team, Bid and Proposal organization, and Marketing, to Identify, Develop, and Manage a robust pipeline of new business opportunities to meet aggressive growth targets. You will develop strategies and pursuit plans for priority target Federal Agencies and build out and execute frequent and well-planned customer engagement to increase opportunity pWin. In this role, you will become embedded in the customer community, aware of their pressing challenges, trends, competition, desired solutions, budgets, and have deep, existing senior level relationships within your assigned accounts.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Oversee the development and execution of RIVA’s new business growth strategy in collaboration with the executive leadership team and effectively manage their team to continuously identify additional federal technology opportunities to grow the RIVA Sales pipeline.
- Identify and develop strong relationships with targeted businesses / partners and other potential parties key to RIVA’s growth. Track and expand key relationships over time to partnership opportunities.
- Oversee ongoing communication with targeted agencies / partners, including providing data, analytical metrics, and feedback as requested to the executive leadership team.
- Engage in executive engagements with key senior Federal Customers to drive RIVA’s strategic growth within
- Plan, develop, and implement processes that will be of benefit to the strategic growth strategy for RIVA.
- Assist in ensuring RIVA has the appropriate policies, procedures, and systems in place to support strategic growth.
- Lead the BD and Capture team to ensure that the right strategy and resourcing is in place to support the capture and winning of Strategic deals.
- Lead the BD & Capture team to ensure that RIVA has developed a vetted pipeline that can meet corporate financials expectations, responsible for providing data, analytics, and metrics on the performance and effectiveness of the pipeline to the leadership team.
- Establish effective relationships with executive leadership (inclusive of all Business Units (Bus)based on corporate development and financial acumen, awareness of GovCon industry trends, knowledge of RIVA’s business, strategy, plans and performance.
- Drive organizational capability by building a highly committed, capable, and agile team, including coaching and mentoring RIVA team members and and/or bringing in incumbents and additional talent as needed.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or business-related discipline
- Minimum of 10 years (GovCon mandatory) of relevant BD experiences in or across multiple Federal Civilian, Federal Health, or National Security sectors
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience leading teams, with preference in leading Business Development, Sales, and Capture resources.
- Track record of winning complex, large, Prime, Full and Open opportunities
- Understanding of government and industry peers/stakeholders, deep understanding of specific agencies may be a plus.
- Demonstratable deep organizational relationships within multiple Federal Agencies and in our industry communities
- Track record of success in leading and winning multiple contracts >$50M+
- Ability to identify, establish and leverage customer relationships with senior level staff and other program and technical stakeholders within the Department of Commerce
- Experience leading capture teams, to include leading a technical team to develop technical or data solutions, formulate capture and win themes; establish and execute call plans; shape deals with targeted Commerce customers; develop teaming strategies, identify, and close on necessary teaming agreements; understanding price essentials and contribute to developing winning price, participate in guiding proposal efforts to win work.
- Demonstrated background in solution selling, developing new markets, with proven leadership from building the strategy to driving an opportunity to a win.
- Ability to develop, document, and execute a plan for achieving awards/growth using an enterprise CRM system, like Salesforce.
- Knowledge of Department of Commerce competitors and ability to assess competitor behavior.
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to presenting to top level government customers.
RIVA Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any protect class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email [email protected]. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.