RESULTS. INNOVATION. VALUES. ACCOUNTABILITY.
That’s RIVA. Our employee-first approach has manifested a culture that attracts the best and brightest. By investing in people firsts, and providing a flexible work environment, our employees have higher moral, higher productivity rates, and lower turnover. At RIVA, people are our #1 priority.
RIVA is seeking a Journeyman Network and Computer Systems Administrator to provide virtual machine and Linux support in an enterprise-level environment, supporting the Information Technology Services Desk and Engineering Support program for a Contract at U. S. Department of Health and Human Services. The position will also include local travel for Data Center activity on a regular basis. When not onsite at the Data Center, the position will allow Telework.
This team is providing maintenance and operational IT support that includes engineering services for the systems, equipment, hardware, and software. The role includes advanced analysis, threat hunting, developing, and improving the quality of detection and response. Leveraging an evolving array of technologies to proactively identify and eliminate threats across HHS global footprint. This position is located in the Washington, DC area.
Performs day-to-day activities related to the support, research, analysis, implementation, and installation of VMware, Linux, Windows systems and servers, storage, and infrastructure. Considerable knowledge, experience, and understanding of working in a VMware, Linux and Windows environment is required.
- Thorough knowledge of and in-depth experience with performance monitoring, troubleshooting, system testing, OS upgrade, backup, recovery, and software patch installation and testing in a VMware, Linux, and Windows environment.
- Experience with standard server networking protocols, storage, and data management.
- In-depth experience with medium to large-scale enterprise Linux, VMware, and Windows environments.
- Data Center experience with hardware and network equipment installation and maintenance
- Experience with providing technical support in a hybrid, cloud-only or virtual environment.
- Excellent communication & collaborative skills.
- Collaborate and notify Government representative of issues involving performance of the operating environment.
- Perform daily health checks, review, and respond to events reflected in various management tools, perform server patch management.
- Expertise with Linux servers, administration, and patching.
- 5+ Years’ Experience as a Computer Systems Administrator.
- Knowledge and hands on experience with the fundamentals of Linux, networking, and storage within an enterprise environment.
- Ability to provide operations and maintenance support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and Microsoft Windows Servers in a classified enterprise environment.
- Linux RedHat / Enterprise Linux certifications
- Knowledge of networking concepts and protocols, ie: TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS
- Familiarity with patching tools, such as: Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), and Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM).
- Hands on experience with VMware VRealize, vCenter Servicer Appliance (VCSA), datastore and network management.
- Experience administering Active Directory, GPO, DNS, DHCP and domain controllers.
- Knowledge and experience with the DISA Security Technical Implement Guide (STIG) process and compliance.
- Experience configuring VMWare vCenter Servers and working with VMWare Vsphere in a production environment.
Nice to Have
- Advanced Windows administration experience.
- Strong knowledge of Windows Active Directory, Group Policy, and third-party software patching
- 5+ years’ experience, no degree requirement. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- U.S. Citizenship or have been a permanent resident for more than 3 years.
- Must be able to achieve a Secret clearance/position of trust.
Salary for this position: $70,000 - $80,000
RIVA Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any protect class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email [email protected]. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.