Location: Washington, DC, United States
Date Posted: Nov 9, 2023
RESULTS. INNOVATION. VALUES. ACCOUNTABILITY.
That’s RIVA. Our employee-first approach has manifested a culture that attracts the best and brightest. By investing in people firsts, and providing a flexible work environment, our employees have higher moral, higher productivity rates, and lower turnover. At RIVA, people are our #1 priority.
LEAD NETWORK ENGINEER - (DOC/OIPS)
Location: Washington, DC
Terms: Full-Time | Onsite
Clearance: Qualified candidates must be US citizens and able to obtain a clearance up to the TS/SCI level
RIVA Solutions is seeking a Lead Network Engineer to support our Department of Commerce customers in managing complex multi-order IT related contracts. The lead network engineer will analyze the current and future needs of the network, such as bandwidth, security, scalability, and reliability. The ideal candidate must have a strong knowledge of network protocols, standards, and technologies, as well as the ability to work with different vendors, platforms, and systems. They must also have good communication, documentation, and project management skills as they often collaborate with other IT managers and stakeholders. In addition, this position requires a combination of strategic vision and technical skills to interface with all levels of management, while also being adept at translating business needs into technical designs with the ability to communicate at both business and technical levels.
· Prior federal government contracting experience
· Must have in-depth knowledge of and skill in administering current CISCO Infrastructure components and associated network devices
· Experience dealing with Cisco VPN management, RSA or Entrust background, and Cisco wireless networks
· Experience managing and maintaining core routing and switching infrastructure protocols (MPLS, BGP, Private Virtual Routing and Forwarding, Optical Transport (DC Metro), Trusted Internet Connections, Cloud Transport, Layer 2 and 3 Metro Area and Wide Area Networking)
· Solid understanding of and skills in applying TCP/IP and associated networking protocols such as SNMP, HTTP, HTTPS, etc.
· Solid understanding of and skill in applying virtual machine and container management
· Experience with RedHat, AWS, Azure, and GCP cloud administration
· Red Hat package management for science research
· macOS package management for science research (Mac Ports)
· Experience with IT architecture and design (on-prem and cloud)
· CCNA or CCNP
· AWS Certified Advance Networking
RIVA Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any protect class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email [email protected]. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.