Print Specialist / Project Analyst
Location: Washington, DC, United States
Date Posted: Nov 15, 2023
RESULTS. INNOVATION. VALUES. ACCOUNTABILITY.
That’s RIVA. Our employee-first approach has manifested a culture that attracts the best and brightest. By investing in people firsts, and providing a flexible work environment, our employees have higher moral, higher productivity rates, and lower turnover. At RIVA, people are our #1 priority.
Title: Print Specialist / Project Analyst
Location: Washington, DC
Terms: Full-Time | Hybrid
Clearance: DHS/CBP Suitability clearance strongly desired
Description: This position will be in support of The Office of Faculties and Asset Management (OFAM) delivers real property, energy and environmental, fleet, uniform, personal property inventory, and other asset and administrative management services support to U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) employees and facilities nationwide.
- Analyzes print job orders to determine the most efficient production method to meet customer needs.
- Conducts market research to determine the most cost-effective purchase for the Government.
- Develops cost and time estimates for projects; coordinates the collection of price quotes.
- Monitors print production expenses and takes appropriate precautions to prevent fraud, waste, and misuse of resources.
- Inspects printed material for quality and conformance with business partner specifications.
- Maintains inventory of printing materials and supplies.
- Plans, analyzes, and evaluates the effectiveness of printing operations.
- Conducts research, analyzes data, identifies trends, and prepares reports.
- Analyzes Printing and Graphics policies, procedures, and systems and makes recommendations for optimization.
- Assesses and advises on potential issues related to costs, schedules, and performance.
- Advises management about planning, testing, and implementing new programs or systems.
- Identifies and resolves issues and problems.
- Develop, maintain, and implement a Communications Plan which provides a strategy and tactical approach for establishing, promoting, and maintaining communication and the collaborative efforts with its workforce, customers, service delivery partners, and stakeholders.
- The Communications Plan shall provide standards for consistent, accurate, and scheduled communications; provide awareness, update the workforce on and promote mission, vision, and cultural values; and establish capabilities for enhanced visibility of organizational services and accomplishments.
Qualifications / Requirements:
To excel in this role, the ideal candidate must possess the following experience:
- 2-3 years of relevant professional experience working in printing operations, printing projects, and printing project analysis
- Experience negotiating or administering contracts for procurement of manuscript and illustrations, printing, binding and allied services, or printing stocks (paper, inks, etc.).
- Experience planning, estimating, and scheduling printing on a full-time basis for a variety of publications.
- Experience performing substantive administrative support or policy functions directly related to publishing and printing program management or operations.
- Experience determining the size and scale of publications.
- Experience utilizing different types of paper stocks and inks to be used and possessing the ability to set up and print multicolor jobs.
- Communication Expertise: Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively convey operational policies, procedures, and information to various stakeholders.
- Printing Project Management Experience: Experience in printing project management and a clear understanding of how to develop and execute communication and printing plans.
- Leadership Abilities: Demonstrated leadership skills, including the ability to lead and guide a team, delegate tasks, and make strategic decisions.
- Autonomy: A high level of self-motivation and the ability to work independently and proactively.
- Strategic Thinking: Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills to implement and evaluate department-wide initiatives.
- Professionalism: The ability to interact with executive-level leadership in a professional and confident manner.
RIVA Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any protect class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email [email protected]. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.